Data Engineering Manager
Silectis lets companies get productive with an enterprise data lake faster. Our Magpie platform provides the security, data integration, and data exploration tools you need to build an end-to-end advanced, big data analytics capability.
We help our customers get up and running with high impact data solutions faster than anyone else and our data engineering team is integral to that process. They mentor our customers as they learn how to use our platform and build out end-to-end analytics solutions with Magpie.
We are looking for a strong team leader who wants to engage directly with customers and stay hands on doing technical work, while helping to build a data engineering team. You will be getting first-hand experience creating value using our platform and bring back insights that will shape the platform to better meet customers’ needs. You will be responsible for leading Silectis team members on engagements and helping to build the processes that will allow us to accelerate delivery for customers.
This is a full-time position at our office in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Lead Silectis teams on consulting engagements building solutions around our data management and analytics platform, Magpie.
- Be a player/coach who still gets hands on in customer implementations while providing leadership for teammates.
- Engage with customer leadership to understand requirements and identify success criteria for Magpie implementations.
- Scope work and write statements of work for professional services engagements.
- Build our professional services and customer success capabilities as we scale the business.
- Mentor and develop Silectis Data Engineering team members.
- 8 years of experience as a data engineer or data architect.
- At least 4 years of experience as a team lead or manager.
- Ability to architect end to end solutions for big data and analytics.
- Experience doing project estimation and building budgets for technology projects.
- Experience writing proposals and statements of work for consulting engagements.
- Deep experience designing data models, particularly for analytics.
- Expert-level SQL skills.
- Significant programming experience with at least one additional language, preferably Python, Scala, or R.
- Hands on experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Experience with Apache Spark is preferred, but not required.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction and your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!